Military
Let's face it... The Marine Corps is the only real "military branch" out there. Never mind, I don't really care right now since I'm out.

The best place for Veterans to work, is where other veterans are

September 21, 2019, 12:23:26 PM

Photo taken at an all hands meeting and brief for MALS-14 in January 23, 2019. MCMAP Pugil Sticks Match. Uploaded to my instagram @kbexit
After I was discharged from active duty in the Marine Corps, I was hurting for a job. I've been there too.
I eventually found a job listing to work at retail in the local Lowe's store for tools and hardware. Working there was not ideal as far as paychecks but the more I looked into it, it is not a bad job to do when you retire after doing 20+ years of service. By then, you're getting retirement and probably something from the VA if you're disabled in some way or form.

Why did I enjoy working at Lowe's? - VETERANS
There were plenty of veterans around. Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Air Force... You think of a branch, there were at least 3 of each there! (I mean, this may vary by your local store / location, but here in Jacksonville, there were plenty of each!)
There was no judgement or anything between the veterans. We all got up and did our business and at the end of the day, we all just joked and talked about what we did and what we have experienced. There were a couple salty bunches that would remind us all of the differences between those that have served and those that were always "civilians" based on etiquette and work ethics. But in the end, it's just veterans being veterans; nothing much to it.
Now while I worked at Lowe's, I noticed an Easter Egg(?)
I question this because I don't know what else to call it honestly. But when you walk into Lowe's, you can differentiate veterans from civilian workers by the camouflage pattern on their vests right? Not really. Not all veterans want to stand out from the rest. They did their time and they just want to work.

If you're interested in working at Lowe's you can check their hiring website and see if there are any listings in your local area at https://jobs.lowes.com/
I'm not in any way affiliated or endorsed by Lowe's. I'm just letting everyone know that I haven't had any bad experiences working there for the seasonal status I was hired as.

My point:
The best place for Veterans to work, is where other veterans are.

I've talked to my coworkers at my current job right now what they think of this, and they agree.
You've spent so much of your time and effort in a cause you believe in, made some sacrifices, and left families and friends. You develop that bond that only other veterans can understand. Instead of getting out and feeling like a "lone wolf" you can get back in that crowd of people that do understand.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:37:44 PM »

0 COMMENTS

POST A COMMENT

Please LOGIN or REGISTER to post a comment.

KARL BULLOCK
North Carolina
22, Male

Hello there! I'm a Marine Corps Veteran, husband, (soon to be) father, pet lover, and nerd. I love watching movies, traveling, and keeping busy.

About Me / Contact

Activity

Re: Hello, October! by Ghoxt
[October 17, 2019, 10:09:01 PM]

Re: Hello, October! by Karl B.
[October 17, 2019, 06:00:25 PM]

I am the new one by CerysDeluc
[October 17, 2019, 04:47:49 PM]

Re: Hello, October! by Karl B.
[October 17, 2019, 12:54:50 PM]

Re: Hello, October! by Ghoxt
[October 17, 2019, 11:11:06 AM]