Latest Updates
Anything and everything that is new that has nothing to do with anything else in the site. Pretty much sums it up.

RIP BRZ, Hello Daddy Wagon

August 18, 2019, 04:51:28 PM

RIP BRZ, HELLO DADDY WAGON (CROSSTREK)
As some of you may know, I was involved in a car accident on September 25, 2018. The accident took place roughly between 9:00 to 9:30 AM on base here.

For those that are curious, part of the narrative says the following:

AT 0920. 25 SEP 18, *POLICE 1* AND *POLICE 2* WITNESSED A TRAFFIC COLLISION/POV-POV/PI/MAJOR IN THE INTERSECTION OF *BLVD* AND *STREET*.

AT 0927, *OFFICER* ARRIVED ON SCENE AND MADE CONTACT WITH *DRIVER 1* WHO STATED SHE WAS TRAVELING THROUGH THE INTERSECTION ON *BLVD* WHEN SHE OBSERVED VEHICLE 2 MAKING A LEFT TURN ONTO *BLVD* FROM *STREET* AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED. DRIVER 1 ATTEMPTED TO BRAKE HOWEVER WAS UNABLE TO COME TO A STOP ON TIME TO AVOID A COLLISION WITH VEHICLE 2. *OFFICER* MADE CONTACT WITH *WITNESS 1* AND *WITNESS 2* WHO BOTH STATED VEHICLE 2 WAS MAKING A LEFT OFF *STREET* ONTO *BLVD* AND WAS TRAVELING WITH AT LEAST 2 OTHER CARS BUT COULD NOT DEFINITIVELY SAY WHAT COLOR THE TRAFFIC LIGHT WAS. *POLICE 1* NOTED THAT A VEHICLE THAT HAD MADE THE LEFT TURN OFF *STREET* WITH VEHICLE 2 HAD STOPPED TO RENDER AID BUT LEFT BEFORE THE POLICE COULD GATHER STATS ON THEM.

WHILE ON SCENE *OFFICER* COLLECTED MEASUREMENTS OF OVERLAPPING LEFT SKIDS AND OVERLAPPING RIGHT SKIDS FROM VEHICLE 1 AS WELL AS DRAG SLED SAMPLES. MEASUREMENTS REVEALED THE MINIMUM SPEED OF VEHICLE TO BE 31.67 MILES PER HOUR INDICATING THAT SPEED WAS NOT A FACTOR IN THIS COLLISION.

AT 1032, POLICE SECURED THE SCENE WITHOUT FURTHER INCIDENT.

INVESTIGATION REVEALED VEHICLE 1 WAS TRAVELING NORTH AT THE ABOVE LOCATION WHEN DRIVER 1 FAILED TO STOP AT THE RED TRAFFIC SIGNAL. AT THE SAME TIME VEHICLE 2 WAS CONDUCTING A LEFT TURN FORM *STREET* ONTO *BLVD*. AS A RESULT, THE FRONT BUMPER OF VEHICLE 1 MADE CONTACT WITH THE LEFT SIDE OF VEHICLE 2 CAUSING MAJOR DAMAGE TO BOTH VEHICLES.

DRIVER 1 WAS EVALUATED BY EMS FOR ABRASIONS TO THE LEFT KNEE AND DECLINED TRANSPORTATION.

DRIVER 2 WAS TRANSPORTED BY EMS TO *HOSPITAL* FOR A CONCUSSION.

VEHICLE DAMAGE

VEHICLE 1 SUSTAINED DISABLING DAMAGE CONSISTING OF CRUSH DAMAGE TO THE FRONT BUMPER, LEFT FRONT QUARTER PANEL, HOOD AND GRILL, AS WELL AS A FLAT LEFT FRONT TIRE.

VEHICLE 2 SUSTAINED DISABLING DAMAGE CONSISTING OF A BENT LEFT REAR AXLE, CRUSH DAMAGE TO THE LEFT DOOR AND REAR QUARTER PANEL, AS WELL AS A LEFT SIDE CURTAIN AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT.

CITATIONS

DRIVER 1 WAS ISSUED AN ARMED FORCES TRAFFIC CITATION DD FORM 1408 *CASE* FOR FAILURE TO OBEY TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICE.

NO FURTHER ENTRY.

DamageDriver Door

As you can see, I was at no fault of this accident. I can’t disclose more information due to peoples’ privacy and the sake of my own privacy. I just wanted you all to see that I was at no fault for this incident. I have one point I want to stress really badly though… If you are driving, and the light has been yellow for a while, fucking stop! Chances are, you won’t make it and end up being the person liable for the accident happening in the first place. The light turns sooner than you think. It doesn’t matter how many years of driving you have, the person that caused the accident had about 40 years of driving experience. I ended up with a concussion… Don’t be that driver!

Fast forward to October 10, 2018

My wife has a job so he has to wake up certain hours to commute for work… I am an Active Marine, I also have to wake up at certain hours to make it to work… And, our schedules hardly ever line up… Do you see the picture? My wife and couple of my coworkers got really annoyed with having to carpool me around everyday until I got a replacement vehicle. I don’t recall the exact reasons to why my insurance company couldn’t get me a rental either at the time period, so it would have all been through my own expenses. I didn’t want to waste so much money on a car that I had to turn in eventually, so my wife and I started online shopping for a new vehicle for me to daily for work.

The inner car enthusiast in me really wanted to look for another 2-door coupe, so I was looking at 350z, 370z, BRZ/FRS/86, and Miatas… Then, I decided that maybe those vehicles are not worth it if we are looking into building a family and traveling long distances like Michigan… So, I started looking elsewhere. I started running through scenarios and decided that maybe a truck would be practical since we were also looking for a new place to move into since the hurricane destroyed our rental. I did some research and decided that a Toyota Tundra and a Nissan Titan would be pretty good pickups to look into. After going around local dealerships with a car enthusiast buddy of mine, I looked at the numbers and decided maybe it isn’t that practical after all… A truck burns through so much fuel, and you only actually need the “truck” component of the vehicle maybe 2 or 3 times out of a year. There is no way I’m going to burn through money like that, I already learned my lesson with the BRZ!

So, my wife and I started surfing through web pages, saving bookmarks and reviews of various SUV’s and we were really interested in the all new Subaru Ascent. Well, spoilers… We did not end up getting that vehicle. We went to the Subaru dealership and they talked to us into looking into the Subaru Crosstrek since it pretty much has all the features the Ascent has (minus the ability to load a whole fleet of people) and fit the sporty feel I miss in the BRZ. My wife and I sat down with the sales associate and discussed various features and capabilities we both were looking into and the man came up with the idea that we could possibly lease a vehicle too, so that we will only be paying the depreciating value of the vehicle and in then buy the vehicle out at the end of the lease term. The numbers looked pretty good and we were able to get all the features we wanted in the vehicle, plus extra security features that we have not even considered in the first place. At the end of the night, we ended up being able to find a black silica 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited and test drove it. I loved it, it felt like a reliable daily that I could depend on, and trust since it has the Eye-Sight Technology.

After we left the dealership, my wife said she wants me to keep the vehicle stock for at least 3 years so that we can take full advantage of the warranty that the vehicle came with. The dealership told me that they will only cover warranty on parts of the vehicle that have not been altered. But as days pass, the urge to want to modify the Crosstrek grows more and more… It is the only vehicle I’ve had this long and have not modified at all… I bought accessories for it though, like a Kayak Rack and a Front License Plate decorative piece.

My ideas for the Crosstrek is probably just as same as any Crosstrek owner out there…
Lifted on LP Aventure Lift Kit
235/70/16 BFGoodrich K02 Tires
Some new wheels
LP Aventure Rock Sliders
LP Aventure Bumper Guard
Skid plates
Rally Armor Mud Flaps

If I ever post a modification for the Crosstrek any time before October 1, 2021, my wife is either being really nice, or I set myself up for a death wish. Either way, you’ll get to find out on this website and Instagram first. Maybe if I decide to, I may have a YouTube page designated for whatever I get myself into at that time. I feel like there is a lot of potential for this vehicle, and I’m excited for what my future has in store for me.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my first story, it means a lot! I wanted to get in as much detail as I could possible about the car accident, but with it being a while ago, I can’t recollect all the details that went on during that phase. There was just a lot going on with the Hurricane and having to move houses and what not, pets being taken care of and actually having a new addition to the family, etc.

Anyways, if you have any questions or would like to collaborate on something in the future with me, feel free to leave a message and shoot me an email! I will get back to you as soon as possible!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:37:01 PM »

0 COMMENTS

POST A COMMENT

Please LOGIN or REGISTER to post a comment.

KARL BULLOCK
North Carolina
22, Male

Hello there! I'm a Marine Corps Veteran, husband, (soon to be) father, pet lover, and nerd. I love watching movies, traveling, and keeping busy.

About Me / Contact

Activity

Re: Hello, October! by Ghoxt
[October 17, 2019, 10:09:01 PM]

Re: Hello, October! by Karl B.
[October 17, 2019, 06:00:25 PM]

I am the new one by CerysDeluc
[October 17, 2019, 04:47:49 PM]

Re: Hello, October! by Karl B.
[October 17, 2019, 12:54:50 PM]

Re: Hello, October! by Ghoxt
[October 17, 2019, 11:11:06 AM]